Pengo has the following position available: (Posted October 16, 2014)
SITE MANAGER Cokato, MN
Job Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of manufacturing at the facility, including the production, shipping/receiving and the maintenance functions, to obtain optimum efficiency. Also responsible for planning and scheduling function, coordinating activities of employees; initiates personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discipline, and discharge; interviews, selects, and trains new personnel; determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites work flow; assigns duties and examines work for quality and quantity; interprets, implements, and enforces compliance with policies, procedures, and safety regulations; conducts staff meetings to discuss operations and operational problems or complaints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all manufacturing operations at the facility providing leadership, focus and direction to the operation’s team
- Maintains schedule and is responsible for meeting production dates and quality standards on shop orders.
- Makes recommendations to improve productivity, quality and efficiency of operations.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure departments are staffed with trained personnel, to develop job descriptions, to evaluate employee performance recommending changes in pay level to help attract, retain and motivate a qualified workforce.
- Manages all direct labor personnel with assistance from other supervisors; has solid leadership and managerial skills.
- Develops and establishes operating plans and budget in line with overall company goals and recommends them to management for approval.
- Develops and maintains a sound plan of organization to meet the operating needs of the division and to ensure adequate management development.
- Enforces operating policies consistent with division and corporate policies and objectives.
- Implements safety policies, procedures and committee as necessary to conduct operations safely per applicable regulations and to meet company goals.
- Ensures waste disposal and handling of hazardous materials meet local, state and federal regulations.
- Establishes standards of performance and measurement systems for all positions reporting to him/her.
- Assigns well-defined responsibilities and authorities and promotes coordination and cooperation through clear lines of communication.
- Appraises objective achievements of each functional area on a regular basis. Compares individual performance with established standards and reviews performance.
- Implements divisional control procedures for capital expenditure, inventories, and operating costs. Develops and implements those control procedures not covered by divisional directives.
- Develops and maintains lines of communication and working relationships with division staff and all department managers to ensure the achievement of all overall objectives and goals of the division.
- Develops and submits to managements his own goals and performance standards.
- Supports progress of Lean Manufacturing methods and champions company goals for training an implementation of lean methods and events.
- Performs other related activities/duties and participates on project teams as required/assigned.
Organizational Relationships: This individual reports to the Vice President/General Manager, and must be capable of working well with our plant personnel and earning their respect. The Scheduling Manager, Spin Lead, Burn Lead, Fabrication Lead, Shipping/Receiving Lead, Machine Shop Lead and Maintenance will report to this position. The Sales Estimator position is a secondary reporting responsibility (dotted line) to the Site Manager.
Education and Experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations or Engineering related filed or its equivalent. Requires extensive product, labor reporting, scheduling (MRP and shop floor control) and process knowledge, with at least 5 plus years similar production experience. Lean Manufacturing Training and/or Certification, APICS Training and/or Certification, and Six Sigma Training and/or Certification a plus.
Other Special Requirements: All exempt employees must have technical competency, ability, and desire to work with people in the team concept and be innovative. All exempt employees are expected to participate in internal programs, communications, work simplification, cost reduction, quality improvement, JIT, and TQC.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR Laurens, IA
Job Summary: Perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Be able to schedule work for and manage staff. Plan, order, and execute large facility projects with multiple steps and teams of personnel. Duties may involve pipe fitting; insulating; welding; machining and tooling repair; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs. Building or installing new equipment. Rearranging current equipment. Will work closely in a team environment to accomplish continuous improvement projects and initiatives. Communicate regularly an update of current open projects, closed projects and report out of completed projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement Maintenance Management System
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists
- Utilize computerized maintenance software for documentation and scheduling of equipment repairs.
- Utilize infra red video for documentation of electrical panels and equipment for trouble shooting and property loss prevention
- Build and implement processing equipment, i.e. welding fixtures
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Work with outside vendors and contractors to complete specialized tasks, routine maintenance, parts supply and or training opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Able to read and understand mechanical blue prints and electrical schematics.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Hand/Eye Coordination
- Independent Self-Starter/Team Player
- Efficiently and effectively utilize time for scheduled activities as well as reactive issues.
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic Algebra/Basic Geometry/Percentages
- Computer, email, telephone, Microsoft office.
- Diagnostic equipment
- Overhead Crane
- Hand tools
- Machine tools; such as manual vertical mill and engine lathe
- Scissor lift or similar equipment used in high reach applications; such as building repair or construction.
- Welding machines – MIG. Portable Oxy-Fuel torch rig. Hand-held Plasma cutting machine
Education and Experience: Minimum of 4 years maintenance experience. Minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role or of equal responsibility. Willingness or actively explore and engage in post-secondary education related to supervisory / management skills
Attn: Human Resources
500 East Highway 10
Laurens, Iowa 50554
Ray Waite, HR Partner
Pengo offers competitive wages plus a complete benefits package.
Pengo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of this company to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or veteran’s status and to make employment decisions consistent with this principle of equal employment opportunity. To this end, this company affirmatively seeks to employ and advance in employment qualified veterans and disabled veterans and conducts all employment activities, including but not limited to, hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, recruitment, advertising, layoff, discharge, rates of pay and selection for training without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.